Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shameless Plug: The Potter Virgin


When I started my Harry Potter class I decided that it would be very fun to write about my first encounter with the wizarding world, and The Potter Virgin was born. Five days a week I post Harry Potter related news, musings, and most importantly recaps of the books from the perspective of a person who has no idea what's going on.
It's probably obvious to anyone familiar with The Boy Who Lived that I drew a bit of inspiration from the font used on the Harry Potter books.

I borrowed the sharp angles, uneven letters, and the notable shaped stem on the P. Unfortunately I'm not a Dark Lord defeating witch with a totally awesome scar on my forehead, I'm only a writer. So I took up my wand and transfigured my P into a fountain pen.
Back when I started the books I had to take a quiz on Pottermore to be sorted into my Hogwarts house. I'm a Slytherin (so was Merlin... shut up!) and I tried to reflect this in my blog's color palette by making dark green and grey the primary colors.

After creating my logo I decided to create a header for my blog that includes the title and blog description. All of the text on my blog is Georgia font so I used that for the body title letters and description.

No comments:

Post a Comment