Monday, March 24, 2014

Mark My Work


Fall 2012 was my first semester at USF. While my grades were good they improved in the spring, possibly due to my adjusting to the school but more likely the result of my desire to study abroad. The colors, red and black, are the colors of the school I attended while studying in Scotland, Edinburgh Napier University. I used them because during those two semester I was pushing myself to get the grades to be guaranteed acceptance into the study abroad program of my choice.
Numbers wise I focused on my grades, the levels of the courses I was taking and my GPA. My first semester despite taking lower level classes I received fewer high grades and my GPA was lower. After adjusting to the school and setting my sights on Napier my GPA went up as did the number of As despite my taking higher level courses.
I chose to keep the design very simple, the title and GPA tracker framing the actual substance. A GPA means nothing without seeing the actual grades, and grades are pointless without context. Therefore I thought it was very important to include the levels of the courses I took. I didn't want to include the course titles because I thought it would be far too much to have to look at without getting enough information in return. After four years of college I have discovered that a class title doesn't offer nearly enough information about what the class is actually about.

No comments:

Post a Comment